Another Lord of the Rings Model Complete
Tonight, I finished off Pippin. That’s two hobbits now done!
Little Pippin came together pretty quickly. I had a lot of fun working on his red cloak due to the increased amount of folds in comparison to Merry. I tried to push the contrast on all areas of the miniature further than I have done previously, though I’ve probably been a little too extreme, especially on the blue jacket.
The face is OK, although I did struggle quite a lot with getting the skin smooth – in the end it’s a little flat, but it’s all I felt I could manage.
The base was interesting, as it was the first time I’d tried to add any kind of water effect. It was achieved using gloss varnish rather than water effects resin, and I think it’s come out quite well. I think I’m going to give this a try again in the future.
More pictures available in the gallery here