Model and Miniature Painting

WIP: Ork Boyz Part 5


For the fourth day in a row, I’ve managed at least an hour of hobby time in the evening.  It’s now become part of my routine, and it’s becoming quite therapeutic; bang on some youtube videos, set things up, do some painting, then clear it down.  No more leaving the wet palette set up, and no making excuses!

I may not blog every day, or update my CMON WIP thread daily, but that’s more to do with preferring to spend time painting, and hobby time over taking pictures and writing about it.  I’ve also given up on being too transcribed with describing the paints used, as it was all getting a little too much documentation and note taking, and I’m enjoying it a lot more not worrying about keeping track of everything.  I suspect I will regret this however when I start to paint the next batch!

I’ve also decided to do away with the “Read More” links on the blog.  I think it’s more fun to see the pictures straight away, and besides, who wants to click when you don’t have to.

What’s Been Done?

Worked on highlights and cleaning bits up, and when I look at all of the together, I’m really happy with them.  Up close and personal shows the usual flaws, but I think I’m getting in the swing of things.

Also added an undercoat layer on the bases, which are separate (they’ll be removed from their current bases once I’m done with them), and pinned the heads onto paperclips on corks ready to start them.

Although I still want to do far more on the guns, the straps, and clean up the transitions on the red armour, I’m also going to start progressing the faces, just because it’ll help with motivation.

I’m enjoying the batch painting process, though five at a time may be a bit of a push for me personally, but I quite like the methodical repetition, it’s almost a bit like meditation!

Enough rambling, and on to the photos:

And finally, the mob together…


And there we are!